Adele Barnsley: Adventure Ark Day Care
- Registered childminder early educator
- Nurturing, child-centred setting
- Lots of features and play resources children will enjoy including a large well-equipped garden
Where do I start? I would describe myself as bubbly, friendly, silly and adventurous. That’s why I can easily relate to children.
Being a single mum of two, I love being at home with my children, especially when they were little. So, setting up childcare in my own home was a natural step for me. I decided to register as a childminder because I feel you can get to know children and form attachments with them in a home environment. I also think parents appreciate the flexibility and freedom of home-based childcare, such as being able to take the children on an adventurous walk in the park.
My professional experience has come from working in nurseries and schools. However, I think that using a childminder is best, especially for young children who enjoy the security that comes from being in a small ratios with one key person. The childminder is there to encourage your child to explore and ‘have a go’ at trying out new challenges and development milestones.
I have always loved working with children; they are wide-eyed, creative, individual little people and I love getting to know them. My safe, nurturing home is just the place where they can learn through activities that suits their individual needs and interests.
8am - 6pm
3 children to 1 adult
Joined us in 2021
Hot meals provided
From £45 per day
I am close to the centre of Hillsborough (S5 8LU) and there’s always something to do ! Whether it is adventures in Hillsborough Park or visiting the local library. We also have plenty of woodland nearby to make the most of outdoor learning with the children. Nearby Early Days Children Centre has pre-organised activities and toddler groups where children can socialise too.
My local schools are Parson Cross CoE Primary & Hillsborough School.
About my home setting
We have a lovely reading corner with a variety of books.
- Lots of craft activities
- Wide range of educational resources
- Lots of toys and play resources
- Sensory garden
- Mud kitchen
A word from @Home Childcare
“Adele is a fun-loving childminder educator who enjoys creating adventures for children in her childcare setting. Her adaptly named, Adventure Ark Day Care, is just the place where your little one can explore and learn indoors and outdoors! Your child’s day will be filled with big and small adventures! They will flourish with Adele! “
Food offer: Nutritious home-cooked meals
Available for: full or part day care, before/after school & holiday care
Examples of activities: Phonics, story-time, nature walks, musical fun, baking, science experiments, messy play, arty fun
Driver: Yes but I prefer to walk with children
Language spoken: English. Happy to care for children with different home languages
School runs to/from: Parson CoE Primary & Hillsborough
Adele's unique features
- 1-2-1 learning support for children with SEND experience
- Basic Makaton
- Epilepsy awareness training
- Level 2 Early Years qualified
- Big advocate of ‘messy children are happy children play
- Passionate about the unique children to encourage independence
- Sensory garden & a mud kitchen
- Located close to Hillsborough town centre
Adele's Coronavirus Safety Precautions
I have carried out a full Covid-19 risk assessment on my setting. Regular hands-washing is part of our routine, as well as wiping down all toys/ books, surfaces etc regularly wiped down. I follow the government’s Covid-19 guidelines for my setting.
Adele's inspection reports
Adele will be registered in early June 2021. Her first inspection will take place one year after her registration.
@Home Childcare’s Quality Pledge
Our registered educators provide the very best care and education to children because they are trained to the highest standards and regularly supported to ensure quality continually improves.
Our quality pledge is our quality guarantee to parents. You can be assured that all of our educators have the following:
- Ofsted approved childcare
- DBS checked
- References & Ofsted checked
- Household members, if any, are fully vetted
- Health approved by a GP
- Fully insured
- Paediatric First Aid certified
- Safeguarding children certified
- Complies with the mandatory childcare standards
- Regular outdoor learning for children
- Safe & clean house regularly risk assessed
- Appropriate and safe toys/equipment
- Sufficient space for numbers of children allowed
- Inspected every year to check quality
- Regular monitored and supported by specialist inspectors
- Regularly updates specialist knowledge & skills with on-going training
- Accepts childcare vouchers, tax-free childcare, student finance etc
- Transparent invoicing & easy payment methods