Full Time or part-time
Salary From £25k depending on capacity
4th September 2020
Does this sound like you?
- You enjoy being with children, helping them learn and develop
- You are happy to use your home to create a nurturing, safe place for children to thrive
- Would love to have a childcare business at home with the full support of an expert business to help you set up and grow
Childminders are home early educators. We call them educators in recognition of their specialist role providing care and early education to children in a home setting. Shaping the lives of young children is one of the most important, rewarding job roles.
We are looking for individuals passionate about the best interests of young children to join our Ofsted registered community of early educators. If you are genuinely interested in setting up a childminding business from home, we are would like to talk to you.
How does it work?
We provide full step-by-step support and training to set up a business in 2 – 3 months. We also help you with marketing to find parents looking for childcare. Once registered, your income could be typically £25k – £35k per annum, depending on your business capacity, and you will continue to receive on-going support and training as a member of our professional community.
And it’s all free, as long as you are 100% committed to registering as a childminder to give children a great start in life with your home-based early education service.
The training and registration process includes:
- 2 – 3 months registration process including undertaking various background checks to verify suitability to work with children
- A pre-registration training with a business planning programme
- A health & safety visit to your house
The role would suit people looking for a new career challenge such as: teachers/teaching assistants, social work, nursing, retail, nursery professionals, health care, as well as parents interested in a new challenge.
Please note we take our commitment to safeguard and promote the welfare of children seriously. We are only interested in motivated people who are suitable to work with children.
About this company
@Home Childcare are specialists in home-based childcare. We are an Ofsted registered community of professional childminder educators. We have a similar remit as Ofsted in terms of registering, regulating and inspecting childminders. We also provide support and training to childminders. Our registered home-based providers offer high quality childcare to parents, either in the childminder’s home or in families’ homes
Our recent positive Ofsted inspection report commended us for the support we provide to childminder educators: “Childminders are fully prepared for the responsibility of running a business and providing care and education for children in their own home. @Home Childcare has high aspirations for the childminders it registers.”
- You are a suitable person with no criminal convictions that would affect your ability to work with children (applies to you and your household members)
- In good heath to be active with children
- Have capacity to care for good numbers of children e.g. 2 or 3 during the day and some school-aged children before & after school
- Interested in setting up and being registered within 2 – 4 months
- Have good levels of English & Maths for understanding and implementing the early years curriculum and running a business