Full Time or part-time
Salary From £25k depending on capacity
Full-time or Part-time
Does this sound like you?
- You enjoy being with children, helping them learn and develop
- You are happy to use your home to create a nurturing, safe place for children to thrive
- Would love to have a childcare business at home with the full support of experts to help you set up and grow
We are looking for committed and self-motivated people who would like to set up their own home-based childcare business. Your role is an important, rewarding one as you will be shaping the lives of young children, whilst having fun at the same time.
Childminders are home early educators. We call them educators in recognition of their specialist role providing care and early education to children in a home setting.
How does it work?
We provide full step-by-step support and training to set up a business in 2 – 3 months. We also help you with marketing to find parents looking for childcare. Once registered with paying families, your income could be typically £25k – £35k per annum depending on your business capacity and location.
You will continue to receive on-going support and training as a member of our professional community.
Best of all, if you are a parent yourself, you can care for other people’s children, whilst caring for your own child so saving money on childcare fees.
The fully funded pre-registration training is free if you are 100% committed to registering as a childminder. You will need to have some funds to invest in essentials needed to register as a childminder such as suitability checks, but we cover your biggest cost, the training.
The training and registration process includes:
- 2 – 3 months registration process including undertaking various background checks to verify suitability to work with children
- FREE become a childminder pre-registration training
- A health & safety visit to your house
The role would suit people looking for a new career challenge such as: teachers/teaching assistants, social work, nursing, retail, nursery professionals, health care, as well as parents and childcare professionals looking for a new challenge.
About this company
@Home Childcare are specialists in home-based childcare. We are an Ofsted registered community of professional childminder educators. We have a similar remit as Ofsted in terms of registering, regulating and inspecting childminders. We also provide support and training to childminders. Our registered home-based childminder educators offer high quality childcare in safety checked homes.
Our recent positive Ofsted inspection report commended us for the support we provide to childminder educators: “Childminders are fully prepared for the responsibility of running a business and providing care and education for children in their own home. @Home Childcare has high aspirations for the childminders it registers.”
- You are a suitable person with no criminal convictions that would affect your ability to work with children (applies to you and your household members)
- You are in good health so that you can be active with children
- You have capacity to care for good numbers of children e.g. 2 or 3 during the day and some school-aged children before & after school
- You are interested in setting up and being registered within 2 – 4 months
- You will have good levels of English & Maths for understanding and implementing the early years curriculum and running a business
Please note we take our commitment to safeguard and promote the welfare of children seriously. We are only interested in motivated people who are suitable to work with children.
Depending on where you live, eligibility conditions apply to access the funding.