Initially part-time or full-time
£24k – £26k pro rata
Are you a motivated, business-minded childcare professional seeking a new challenge?
Do you have relationships building skills to match childcare professionals to parents looking for childcare?
@Home Childcare has an exciting new opening for a Childminder Services Recruitment Manager, a key role in our Ofsted childminder agency.
This hugely exciting job is different because it combines the experience and skills of running a successful childminding business with strong sales and recruitment experience or skills. You will be akin to a recruitment consultant for a childminder regulatory body whose job it is to register, support, train and inspect childminders.
Central to the role is the recruitment and matching of childminders and home childcarers (nannies) to parents. Duties include:
- Communicating with parents looking for a suitable childcare match to a childminder or an after school home childcarer
- Telephone filtering of prospective childcare providers
- Interviewing potential home childcarers via face2face meetings, and more recently due to Covid-19, online video calls
- Enrolling/inducting parents and providing on-going customer support
The role has a strong focus on relationship building with parents and childcare providers to obtain successful matching. Once the family match is complete, the on-going service needs to be maintained such as progress updates from families/providers and checking timesheets.
This is wonderful opportunity for a dynamic, committed self-starter with right skills and aspirations interested in working in a progressive company.
Experience of working in the childcare sector is essential, ideally experience or in-depth knowledge of childminding. Perhaps you are a registered childminder, with strong sales or customer service skills from a previous role, who has been successfully running your own home-based business and now you are interested in a ‘hands off’ role where you can still use your childminding knowledge to help others entering the profession. You will be committed to making a positive difference to children.
The role will initially start at 30 hours (Monday – Friday) until there is a business need to increase it to full-time. However, full-time is available from the start if needed.
Essential experience & qualifications:
- First hand experience or knowledge of childminding (home-based early education businesses)
- A confident communicator with excellent people skills to engage and communicate with a diverse range of customers
- A self-starter who can competently manage their own workload
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Customer focussed – able to build and maintain positive customer relations
- Task management – able to organise and prioritise work including deadlines
- Experience of recruitment or sales in some capacity
- Knowledge and experience of sales and administration processes e.g. handling customer enquiries through to the final sale
- Proven experience to accelerate company growth and be results focused
- Self-motivated with proven time management skills and work output
- High level of competence with MS Office, databases and the internet as a research tool
- Practical knowledge of using social media for recruitment
- Minimum Level 3 (A Level) education, ideally an Early Years qualification
- UK driving licence and own use of car
About this company
@Home Childcare is an Ofsted childminder agency. We are a regulatory body for childminders. Our prime role is to provide registration, support, training and inspection services to early educators. We place a strong focus on customer service and quality outcomes for children. Our sister company is a government approved training provider delivering funded qualifications. We love what we do!
Our recent positive Ofsted inspection report commended us for the support we provide to childminder educators: “Childminders are fully prepared for the responsibility of running a business and providing care and education for children in their own home. @Home Childcare has high aspirations for the childminders it registers.”
@Home Childcare is committed to safeguarding children and has safer recruitment procedures in place. We are a flexible employer.
How to apply
There is a job description, person specification and application form for this role. To express interest, please complete the Express Interest Form below and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information. We will then email further details if you meet the criteria. Thank you!