Salary £18k to 25k per year
22.5 hours per week
Permanent or Freelance
15th July 2020
About this role
As the Finance and Payroll Officer, you will be hands on and responsible for the day to day operation of the book keeping, payroll or financial reporting functions of both our childcare and training businesses to ensure:
- All financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely in QuickBooks online
- All records are maintained including employees, customers and suppliers
- Monthly management accounts are produced and reviewed with the Senior Management Team
- Weekly and monthly payrolls are processed.
- Liaise with our accountants as required to produce annual financial accounts.
- Credit control
About the employer
@Home Childcare is an Ofsted childminder agency. Our prime role is to provide registration, support, training and inspection services to early educators. We place a strong focus on customer service and quality outcomes for children. We are also a government approved training provider delivering funded qualifications. We love what we do!
Our recent positive Ofsted inspection report commended us for the support we provide to childminder educators: “Childminders are fully prepared for the responsibility of running a business and providing care and education for children in their own home. @Home Childcare has high aspirations for the childminders it registers.”
@Home Childcare is committed to safeguarding children and have safer recruitment procedures in place. We are a flexible employer.
Specific training administration duties;
- Manage the sales ledger by entering sales data to generate accurate invoices and statements to customer.
- Manage the purchase ledger by entering supplier invoices and other company expenses.
- Process payments from the bank and reconcile bank receipts. Ensure all payments are approved before payment, this will require you to liaise with various members of the management team.
- Manage the petty cash.
- Minimum Weekly bank reconciliation
- Process the weekly payroll from our child carers and the monthly payroll from our permanent staff.
- Issue payslips and send information to HMRC, Pensions and other stakeholders as required.
- Record and monitor employee annual leave entitlements and process leave requests.
- Ensure QuickBooks transactions are up to date to enable accurate financial forecasts
- Monitor actual against forecast spend and highlight issues to the Senior Management Team
- Produce monthly management accounts
- Manage end of year book-keeping and payroll processes.
- Co-ordinate with our accountants to ensure annual management accounts are produced on time.
- Continually review our finance policy and procedures to ensure we have strict financial controls and are prepare for audit
General Admin & Customer Service Duties
- Taking telephone enquiries, screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Produce ad-hoc reports, presentations and briefs for the senior leadership team.
- Minute internal finance team meetings
- Monitor and maintain the office inventory
- At least 3 years experience working in finance/book keeping and payroll
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 5 O-Level/GCSEs, or equivalent, must include Maths and English (A-C)
- At list 1 years experience working with accounting systems, preferable QuickBooks.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications especially Excel
How to Apply
There is a job description and person specification for this job. Please send your CV to email@example.com to request the information. It would also be useful if you completed the Express Interest Form below. Thank you!