Specialises in care for 0 – 5 years
My cosy home is a nurturing and safe place for your little ones to learn and grow. I like to promote children’s learning and development through new experiences, planned activities and self-initiated play.
Little Bookworms was born from my passion for picture books and literacy. I encourage children to enjoy books by extending the themes of picture books such as Handa’s Surprise into fun indoor and outdoor games and adventures.
I am used to following the Early Years Foundation Stage to promote children’s development, whilst getting to know each child’s individual likes/dislikes and tailoring activities to suit their needs. I have invested in toys and other resources that reflects the diverse society we live in. It is important to me that children learn to celebrate our differences and similarities.
I am a mum of two beautiful children aged 7 and 11 years old. Although I have experience working with children from all different age ranges, I have chosen to specialise in the care of young children during term time, whereas older children are welcome to join us during the school holidays.
7am - 6.30pm
3 children to 1 adult
Joined us in 2018
Little Bookworms is based in Aspley. The area has good transport links with local buses on the turquois and orange bus network lines very nearby. Cherine likes to take the children on outings to Broxtowe Country Park and other local green spaces such as the Stockhill ‘Fire Station’ Park and the Trampoline Bridge Park. The setting is also conveniently situated near to 3 libraries which Cherine likes to take advantage off.
During the school holidays, children enjoy special outings to child-friendly places such as the city farm and orchards. Cherine will always ensure parents are given information about planned outings so that they can give their consent.
About my home setting
Cherine’s homely childcare setting includes a cosy reading corner, a large selection of toys and games for children of all ages and a generous sized garden with a purpose-built mud-kitchen and playhouse. It is the kind of setting that children don’t want to leave at the end of the day because they are having so much fun!
Children love to explore indoors and outdoor activities in safe comfort. Cherine has throughtfully organised the storage of toys and books to ensure children can easily reach whatever sparks their interest, whilst being appropriate for their age and development.
A word from @Home Childcare
“Cherine was made to work with young children! She is a capable teacher who takes the time to understand children’s individual needs and what makes them unique. Her 2019 inspection report confirms children makes outstanding progress in her care. Parents are happy with the care their children receive from Cherine.”
Food offer: home-cooked meals, allergies catered for
Driver: no, prefers to walk
Language spoken: English. Will embrace children’s own home language
School runs to/from: Roselyn Park nursery school on selected days
Cherine's unique features
- 0 – 5 years only setting ensures young children are the centre of attention
- Parents are supported to continue with their child’s learning at home
- Positive images of diversity is promoted in toys, displays and books
- Large, child-centred garden with a mud kitchen and dedicated playhouse
Cherine's inspection reports
Cherine’s high quality of the care and early education was confirmed by an Outstanding verdict at her first ever inspection. Impressive!
@Home Childcare’s Quality Pledge
Our registered educators provide the very best care and education to children because they are trained to the highest standards and regularly supported to ensure quality continually improves.
Our quality pledge is our quality guarantee to parents. You can be assured that all of our educators have the following:
- Ofsted approved childcare
- DBS checked
- References & Ofsted checked
- Household members, if any, are fully vetted
- Health approved by a GP
- Fully insured
- Paediatric First Aid certified
- Safeguarding children certified
- Complies with the mandatory childcare standards
- Regular outdoor learning for children
- Safe & clean house regularly risk assessed
- Appropriate and safe toys/equipment
- Sufficient space for numbers of children allowed
- Inspected every year to check quality
- Regular monitored and supported by specialist inspectors
- Regularly updates specialist knowledge & skills with on-going training
- Accepts childcare vouchers, tax-free childcare, student finance etc
- Transparent invoicing & easy payment methods