Heather Manton: Kiddie Comforts Childcare
- Lots of care experience including fostering & disabilities/special educational needs
- Great location: close to parks and City hospital
- Large fully enclosed garden
I have worked in the care and SEND sector in care homes, hospitals and fostering for all of my working life. I enjoy working with children from all different backgrounds and needs. I am Learning Disabilities Award qualified with experience of providing care to children and adults with ADHD, Global Development Delay and Epilepsy. Ten years ago, I got special guardianship order for three sisters who I had previously fostered. This was a pivotal moment for me; it allowed me to form an even stronger bond with the girls. I cherish being a ‘mum’ to them!
I am extending my care experience into childminding because I love seeing children grow, learn, and thrive whilst gaining confidence to deal with what life throws at them. I believe young children do best when they feel comforted and nourished; and my nurturing home setting is just the place for this! Each child is supported so they can learn at their own pace.
As I am so close to City Hospital, parents can use my service for flexible hours such as early morning care and out-of-hours to fit in with their shifts.
7.30am - 6pm
3 children to 1 adult
Joined us in 2021
Packed lunch or hot meal
From £5 per hour
I am fortunate that my location (NG5 8SD) is close to Arnold and Bestwood Lodge. The local area that I take advantage of includes:
- Arnot Park: ideal for walks, picnics and feeding the ducks.
- Bestwood Country Park: this beautiful woodland area is virtually on my doorstep and is the ideal place for curious little minds to explore
- Arnold town centre is a short distance away
- Nottingham City Hospital is within walking distance
- A good transport network of buses and close to the Nottingham ring road
About my home setting
My home is a warm and cosy place for children to have fun and learn in. I have a dedicated playroom that has a reading corner and a good range of toys/resources including dressing up clothes.
I love baking so I have ensured my kitchen is regularly risk assessed so that children can safely enjoy the experience of baking. My garden is lovely place where children can enjoy messy activities and play in while feeling safe and secure in all weathers.
A word from @Home Childcare
Food offer: Flexible meal offer i.e. cooked meals or packed lunch
Available for: Full day care, before/after school care & out-of-hours care by arrangement
Examples of activities: dressing up, arty crafty, baking & lots of outdoor woodland play/adventures
Driver: Yes, but I prefer to walk with children
Language spoken: English. Happy to care for children with different home languages
School runs to/from: Margaret Clitherow Primary & possibly other local schools
Heather's unique features
- Extensive experience in the care sector; understands the needs of children including those with special educational needs and disabilities
- Comforting, cosy childcare in a nurturing home setting
- The uniqueness of children is valued; Heather celebrates their differences as well as similarities
- Spacious kitchen for baking in with a large table for painting or artwork
- A generous back garden with weather appropriate toys and play equipment
- Days outs and shorter trips to playgroups, local parks & the local library
- Utilising Bestwood Country Park as an amazing nature space for children to learn and have fun in
Heather's Coronavirus Safety Precautions
I have carried out a full Covid-19 risk assessment on my setting. Regular hands-washing is part of our routine, as well as wiping down all toys/ books, surfaces etc regularly wiped down. I follow the government’s Covid-19 guidelines for my setting.
Heather's inspection reports
Heather is due to be registered in Augest 2021. Her first inspection will take place one year after her registration.
@Home Childcare’s Quality Pledge
Our registered educators provide the very best care and education to children because they are trained to the highest standards and regularly supported to ensure quality continually improves.
Our quality pledge is our quality guarantee to parents. You can be assured that all of our educators have the following:
- Ofsted approved childcare
- DBS checked
- References & Ofsted checked
- Household members, if any, are fully vetted
- Health approved by a GP
- Fully insured
- Paediatric First Aid certified
- Safeguarding children certified
- Complies with the mandatory childcare standards
- Regular outdoor learning for children
- Safe & clean house regularly risk assessed
- Appropriate and safe toys/equipment
- Sufficient space for numbers of children allowed
- Inspected every year to check quality
- Regular monitored and supported by specialist inspectors
- Regularly updates specialist knowledge & skills with on-going training
- Accepts childcare vouchers, tax-free childcare, student finance etc
- Transparent invoicing & easy payment methods