Helen Legge: Little Legges
About Little Legges
Soon to be registered
2+ years professional experience in an outstanding school
Close to Stapleford town centre, play parks & walks
My name is Helen and I live in a lovely detached family home with my husband and two sons aged 7 and 13. I understand that trusting the care of your child to someone else is one of the greatest decisions you will make. Having two sons of my own and having used childcare services myself, I understand the thoughts and feelings of parents.
My professional experience comes from working within EYFS in an outstanding primary school and prior to that I worked with vulnerable adults. My time spent working in the primary school has included working with children with special educational needs on a one to one basis. I have gained a valuable insight into how children learn through play and how the EYFS curriculum works.
8am - 5.30pm
3 children to 1 adult
Joined us in 2020
From 42.50 per day
Set in the heart of Stapleford (NG9 7HE), my home setting is within walking distance to some lovely parks, a library, play groups and businesses.
I am also close to the centre of Stapleford and will utilise the community facilities available. There are also great transport links with local buses travelling to Nottingham and Derby and also just off the A52.
About my home setting
Little Legges Childcare is a warm and welcoming child friendly home with a dedicated playroom that has access directly into our lovely fully enclosed garden.
I have a wide range of educational toys including a sand pit, mud kitchen, puppet theatre, outdoor drawing area and much more. I love to bake so the children will be able to help in the kitchen creating beautiful cakes and cookies to enjoy. I will be focusing on their educational development and drawing on my experience in literacy including phonics and making this learning fun.
Expanding the natural creativity of children’s minds is also one of the keys focus areas I have. I achieve this through the use of role play, arts and crafts and outdoor learning. I know through experience that children learn best when they are involved in hands on learning in a safe and supportive environment. I provide a happy and safe setting that enables children of all abilities to achieve their learning potential.
A word from @Home Childcare
“Little Legges is a home from home setting that provides a safe, happy and secure environment for children. You know you are in capable hands when you walk into Helen’s home and you instantly feel welcomed! Children will enjoy the relaxed, friendly feel, especially as there are lots of carefully chosen toys and play resources that they can get stuck into.”
Available for: day care & out-of-school care
Food offer: home-cooked meals, allergies catered for
Example of activities: baking, dressing up, imaginary fun, fun, outdoor phonics
Language spoken: English. Happy to care for children with different home languages
School runs to/from: Banks Road & Bispham Drive Primary Schools
Helen's unique features
- Well-equipped setting with a dedicated play room with a large range of play resources
- Large fully enclosed rear garden with sand pit, mud kitchen, chalk board plus more play resources
- A beautiful newly fitted kitchen which I am eager to utilise for lots of baking!
- 2 years professional early years experience in schools, plus a further 10 years’ experience of working with vulnerable adults with various needs
- Recent Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- 5min drive from junction 25 of the M1 & A52 for easy access
Helen's Coronavirus Safety Precautions
My home setting has been risk assessed in line with the government’s Covid-19 actions for the childcare sector. This means I have made adjustments to my routine and home environment to ensure maximum safety for you and your little ones. These measures include:
- Successful completion of Prevent Covid-19 training
- Social distancing for parents with staggered drop off and collection times
- Hand sanitising station by the front door and all hands (big and small) will be regularly washed throughout the day
- All used toys and equipment will be thoroughly sanitised between sessions in accordance with Government best practise guidelines
These measures will be continually reviewed and adjusted as guidelines are updated.
Helen's inspection reports
Helen is due to be registered in December 2020. Her first inspection will take place one year after her registration.
@Home Childcare’s Quality Pledge
Our registered educators provide the very best care and education to children because they are trained to the highest standards and regularly supported to ensure quality continually improves.
Our quality pledge is our quality guarantee to parents. You can be assured that all of our educators have the following:
- Ofsted approved childcare
- DBS checked
- References & Ofsted checked
- Household members, if any, are fully vetted
- Health approved by a GP
- Fully insured
- Paediatric First Aid certified
- Safeguarding children certified
- Complies with the mandatory childcare standards
- Regular outdoor learning for children
- Safe & clean house regularly risk assessed
- Appropriate and safe toys/equipment
- Sufficient space for numbers of children allowed
- Inspected every year to check quality
- Regular monitored and supported by specialist inspectors
- Regularly updates specialist knowledge & skills with on-going training
- Accepts childcare vouchers, tax-free childcare, student finance etc
- Transparent invoicing & easy payment methods