Joanne Abiola: Joyful Childcare
About Joyful Childcare
Soon to be registered Experienced in working in primary schools
Close to Chester Green in Derby (DE1 3RH)
As a parent of a 8 year son, I understand how it feels entrusting your child to someone else. I would like parents to have peace of mind when they hand their children over to me. That’s exactly why I have pursued my passion to have my own nurturing home-based childcare service. It is no wonder because I come from a large family where children have a central focus.
l love the uniqueness of children and the joy of working with them which makes every day different. In my varied work background, a job role where children is the central focus does not feel like work. I enjoy emerging myself in their unique world.
My original work background is in corporate finance. That all changed when I had my son. I realised my destiny is the learning and development of children so I sought out experiences where I could have a positive impact on children such as midday supervision and reading volunteers in primary schools. I have a special interest in outdoor learning, especially the difference it can make in children’s emotional well being. This is something all children in my care will benefit from.
7am - 7pm
3 children to 1 adult
Joined us in 2021
From £5 per hour
Joyful Childcare is based in Little Chester (DE1 3RH), which is also known as Chester Green in Derby City. It is a desirable area of Derby, and is within walking distance to the north of the city centre, on the east bank of the River Derwent.
My home from home setting is less than a 5minute walk to the Chester Green Park and the beautiful Darley Park. I am fortunate to live so close to an attractive area with abundant open green space with lots of exciting features for children to explore and learn from such as nature walks and bug hunts, not to mention a well-equipped play area where they can let off steam and have all sorts of fun.
I live in the first floor apartment of a well maintained apartment block, very close to Chester Green.
About my home setting
Joyful Childcare is a warm, welcoming child friendly environment with specially crafted play areas. My home setting has a wide range of educational toys that catering for all ages. Well-being features highly in my childcare space. In the quiet reading corner children enjoy exploring carefully selected picture books and I also have an activity area for fun crafty play that ignites their imagination and creative skills.
I love baking and singing so there is a strong emphasis on both of these activities. All of play activities incorporates the EYFS learning and development objectives, thus helping children to fulfil their potential and it’s all purposeful play!
Outdoor learning is incorporated in children’s daily routines such as library visits, outdoor arty play and visits to local nature areas – all regularly risked assessed to ensure children always feel safe, secure and supported in their learning.
A word from @Home Childcare
“Joanne is a kind caring educator who has a passion to help children learn and achieve. She is flexible in her approach to ensure she meets the needs of the children, and the families using her services. Children in her care enjoy a range of activities from baking to exploring the wonders of the outdoors.”
Available for: day care & out-of-school care
Food offer: home-cooked meals, allergies catered for including vegetarian & gluten free
Example of activities: baking, singing, mini-beasts hunt in local park, varied crafty play
Driver: yes but prefer to walk everywhere
Language spoken: English. Happy to care for children with different home languages
School runs to/from: Derwent & Emmanuel Primary Schools
Joanne's unique features
- Open 7am – 7pm for added flexibility for parents
- Experienced in supporting children in primary schools
- Special needs and disability experience
- Over 2 years experience of working with children in primary schools
- Location – close to Chester green park with play ground
- Home cooked meals
- Trained and experienced in caring for children with additional needs
Joanne's Coronavirus Safety Precautions
I have undergone a Covid-19 risk assessment and have made adjustments to my routine and home environment to ensure maximum safety for you and your little ones. These measures include:
- Social distancing for parents with staggered drop off and collection times
- Hand sanitising on arrival and all hands will be regularly washed throughout the day
- All the toys and equipment will be thoroughly sanitised between sessions in accordance with Government best practise guidelines.
I continually review these safety measures in line with the government’s regulations.
Joanne's inspection reports
Joanne is due to be registered in May 2021. Her first inspection will take place one year after her registration.
@Home Childcare’s Quality Pledge
Our registered educators provide the very best care and education to children because they are trained to the highest standards and regularly supported to ensure quality continually improves.
Our quality pledge is our quality guarantee to parents. You can be assured that all of our educators have the following:
- Ofsted approved childcare
- DBS checked
- References & Ofsted checked
- Household members, if any, are fully vetted
- Health approved by a GP
- Fully insured
- Paediatric First Aid certified
- Safeguarding children certified
- Complies with the mandatory childcare standards
- Regular outdoor learning for children
- Safe & clean house regularly risk assessed
- Appropriate and safe toys/equipment
- Sufficient space for numbers of children allowed
- Inspected every year to check quality
- Regular monitored and supported by specialist inspectors
- Regularly updates specialist knowledge & skills with on-going training
- Accepts childcare vouchers, tax-free childcare, student finance etc
- Transparent invoicing & easy payment methods