Katie Keating: Dynamique Childcare
- Lots of outdoor learning
- Music & dance is a key feature
- Calm & cosy setting with well-being at its heart
- Special educational needs teaching experience
I am an Outstanding (2020 & 2022) educator. My background is in teaching; I was a dance and special needs teacher of 10 years.
I offer a true home from home experience. As a Hygge In The Early Years accredited educator, my setting has a cosy, nurturing feel with well-being at its heart. Hygge derived from Denmark means a feeling of cosiness, comfort which together creates wellness, contentment and calmness.
We have a strong focus on outdoor play. We enjoy the plentiful green spaces the local community has to offer. My curriculum includes free play, lots of time out in the community, independent play, music and dance. We follow the children’s interests and are less rigid with our planning, allowing more possibilities and free flow of activities.
7.30am - 6pm
3 children to 1 adult
Joined us in 2019
Packed lunch or hot meal
From £5.50 per hour
- Carlton location
- Within easy reach to Bakersfield, Sneinton, Thorneywood, Gedling and Sherwood.
- We regularly visit a local forest school, City Farm, local parks and playgroups and a local library.
- School pick-up/drop-offs from Standhill Infants & Hogarth Primary Academy
About my home setting
Being Hygge in the Early Years accredited, our play space is a calm space with lots of wooden toys, natural resources and loose parts. We have a quiet chill/reading corner with beanbags and cushions, a sofa and tuft tray and light table for play.
Outside we have a large lawn with various outdoor toys, a mud kitchen, loose parts, standing tuft tray, slide and baby play area.
- We tend to offer the following on a daily basis:
- outdoors learning
- music or dance.
The play resources for free play are rotated weekly to keep children interested.
A word from @Home Childcare
“As a talented educator, Katie understands the different ways children learn and tailors activities to ensure all children are supported. Children make outstanding progress with her because she takes the time to establish positive relationships with children and their families. Recommended!
Food offer: Nutritious meals is included in the price. Children accessing funded hours are welcome to bring a packed lunch. Vegetarian and vegans are catered for.
Available for: Full day care, before/after school care & holiday care
Examples of activities: Messy /Sensory play, Cosmic kids yoga, playdough, construction using tins, building blocks, wood slices, pipes, nature walk and scavenger hunt, painting outdoors, musical instruments & prop play
Driver: Yes! I have a car that I use for transporting children but we enjoy walking a much as possible.
Language spoken: English. Happy to care for children with different home languages; several bilingual children attend
Katie's unique features
- I have a wealth of special needs experience.
- Safety is at the heart of everything we do. Risk assessments are meticulous and accidents minimised due to forward planning and knowing the children well.
- We are passionate about children learning through play and academics not forced on them at a young age. Learning here at Dynamique is organic and the children lead with their interests.
Hygge in the Early Years accredited setting
Autism and Aspergers awareness training (Derby University)
Katie's Coronavirus Safety Precautions
- Toys are rotated weekly and deep clean happens weekly.
- Toys are sprayed with anti bac daily, floors are mopped and hoovered regularly.
- We all use anti bac on arrival into the house and wash hands regularly.
- Attended relevant infection control training.
Katie's inspection reports
Katie was inspected in 2020 and again in 2022. Both inspections obtained a quality judgement of Outstanding.
@Home Childcare’s Quality Pledge
Our registered educators provide the very best care and education to children because they are trained to the highest standards and regularly supported to ensure quality continually improves.
Our quality pledge is our quality guarantee to parents. You can be assured that all of our educators have the following:
- Ofsted approved childcare
- DBS checked
- References & Ofsted checked
- Household members, if any, are fully vetted
- Health approved by a GP
- Fully insured
- Paediatric First Aid certified
- Safeguarding children certified
- Complies with the mandatory childcare standards
- Regular outdoor learning for children
- Safe & clean house regularly risk assessed
- Appropriate and safe toys/equipment
- Sufficient space for numbers of children allowed
- Inspected every year to check quality
- Regular monitored and supported by specialist inspectors
- Regularly updates specialist knowledge & skills with on-going training
- Accepts childcare vouchers, tax-free childcare, student finance etc
- Transparent invoicing & easy payment methods