About Little Explorers:
- Soon to be registered childminder early educator
- Child-led learning: children are encouraged to learn from choosing & doing themselves
I wanted to become a childminder so I could be there for my daughter and support her through her school life, whilst providing an amazing early learning service for other children too. My mission is to make children curious in my setting to explore and use their imagination.
I believe children learn best when they are encouraged to ‘have a go’ at exploring the environment around them. My home setting is all about children being curious and learning from choosing and doing, that way they can find from finding things out for themselves which fosters confidence and self-esteem. Some Montessori and Hygge principles are incorporated in my early years practice
7.30am - 6.00pm
3 children to 1 adult
Joined us in 2021
From £4.50 per hour
- Close to the fabulous Gedling & Colwick Country Parks
- Willow Park is a short walk away
- Other local amenities such as a library and several organised activities for children e.g.
- Schools I pick up from are Phoenix Infant & Nursery and Priory Junior
- Good bus transport links into town
About my home setting
- My play resources are child lead so they are eye level and within easy reach.
- I have a table with paper and crayons on, all the time so the little ones can be creative.
- I have a large garden many areas to explore. It is still work in progress; my plans are to add a vegetable patch and mud kitchen for children to enjoy.
A word from @Home Childcare
Available for: day care & out-of-school care and some holiday care
Food offer: healthy meals provided. Special diets can be supplied by parents.
Play activities: lots of outdoor learning in local country parks, themed/seasonal creative & imaginative play, reading and lots more
Language spoken: English. Happy to care for children with different home languages
School runs to/from: Phoenix Infant & Nursery and Priory Junior
Lisa's unique features
- Passionate about forest school/outdoor learning
- Child-led teaching approaches through imaginative & creative play
- The bountiful Colwick & Gedling Country Parks are very close by to enjoy and to take inspiration from
Lisa's Coronavirus Safety Precautions
My Covid-19 safety precautions continues as normal. The infection control measures include:
- Regular hand washing
- Regular cleaning of all toys and equipment between sessions
- Doorstop drop off and pick ups
- Use of hand sanitisers on any trips or outing
Lisa's Inspection Reports
Lisa is due to be registered in October 2021. Her first inspection will take place one year after her registration.
@Home Childcare’s Quality Pledge
Our registered educators provide the very best care and education to children because they are trained to the highest standards and regularly supported to ensure quality continually improves.
Our quality pledge is our quality guarantee to parents. You can be assured that all of our educators have the following:
- Ofsted approved childcare
- DBS checked
- References & Ofsted checked
- Household members, if any, are fully vetted
- Health approved by a GP
- Fully insured
- Paediatric First Aid certified
- Safeguarding children certified
- Complies with the mandatory childcare standards
- Regular outdoor learning for children
- Safe & clean house regularly risk assessed
- Appropriate and safe toys/equipment
- Sufficient space for numbers of children allowed
- Inspected every year to check quality
- Regular monitored and supported by specialist inspectors
- Regularly updates specialist knowledge & skills with on-going training
- Accepts childcare vouchers, tax-free childcare, student finance etc
- Transparent invoicing & easy payment methods