Nadine's Little Sunflowers
About Little Sunflowers
Soon to be registered
Qualified early years educator
Lovely rural home setting in an accessible location, just off the A1
My name is Nadine and I live in my lovely home with my two children and our friendly pet cat Rocky and our rabbit Bonnie.
I am passionate about helping children to learn and develop. It’s the satisfaction comes from helping children to achieve their full potential, that I find so rewarding.
Being a parent myself I understand how difficult it can be finding flexible childcare and this is why I offer extended opening hours and a Saturday service.
I follow the EYFS to ensure that all children are enjoying lots of different learning opportunities that reflect their own individual needs.
8am - 5.30pm
3 children to 1 adult
Joined us in 2020
From £38.50 per day
Nadine’s Little Sunflowers is located in Parkgate (S62 6HR) close to the shopping area and local library. There are good bus links to both Barnsley and Rotherham.
We are lucky to have Rosehill Park as our local outdoor space that we visit regularly to play games on the large grassed area and use the playground. We also have a beautiful woodland a short walk away where we will have many adventures such as building dens, following nature trails, plus loads more that will feed their natural curiosity.
About my home setting
Nadine’s little Sunflowers is a home from home setting offering a cosy and relaxed environment where children can flourish and learn at their own pace.
I absolutely love arts and crafts and use the front room as a messy play area where the children will have endless opportunity to design and make all sorts of creations using their imagination.
I also have the main living room where there is a variety of toys and resources including a role play area and a cosy book corner. Outside there is a safe and secure area with a comfortable snug corner where the children can sit and relax or maybe look at some books. I also have an outdoor literacy area and lots of homemade musical instruments for the children to freely access.
A word from @Home Childcare
“Nadine has high ambitions for children. As a natural co-explorer, she enjoys seeking out new experiences to share with children. Her setting is a warm and inviting place for children to be. She has created a thrilling treasure chest of fun-filled learning for children to dive into.”
Available for: day care & out-of-school care
Food offer: home-cooked lunch & light tea
Language spoken: English. Happy to care for children with different home languages
School runs to/from: Ashwood Primary
Nadine's unique features
- Impressive outdoor play area including a reading snug to unwind in
- A love of all things arty/crafty spark children’s creative interest
- 6 years of professional childcare experience from working in nurseries
- Has a level 2 early years qualification
- Convenient central close to local amenities & parks
Nadine's Coronavirus Safety Precautions
I have carried out a full Covid-19 risk assessment to make sure my home is a safe environment but that it is still welcoming for children. The measures that I have identified to put in place are:
- Regular hand washing
- Regular cleaning of all toys and equipment between sessions
- Doorstop drop off and pick ups
- Use of hand sanitisers on any trips or outings
Nadine's Inspection Reports
Nadine is due to be registered in December 2020. Her first inspection will take place one year after her registration.
@Home Childcare’s Quality Pledge
Our registered educators provide the very best care and education to children because they are trained to the highest standards and regularly supported to ensure quality continually improves.
Our quality pledge is our quality guarantee to parents. You can be assured that all of our educators have the following:
- Ofsted approved childcare
- DBS checked
- References & Ofsted checked
- Household members, if any, are fully vetted
- Health approved by a GP
- Fully insured
- Paediatric First Aid certified
- Safeguarding children certified
- Complies with the mandatory childcare standards
- Regular outdoor learning for children
- Safe & clean house regularly risk assessed
- Appropriate and safe toys/equipment
- Sufficient space for numbers of children allowed
- Inspected every year to check quality
- Regular monitored and supported by specialist inspectors
- Regularly updates specialist knowledge & skills with on-going training
- Accepts childcare vouchers, tax-free childcare, student finance etc
- Transparent invoicing & easy payment methods