Kirsty's Childcare (KCC)
Registered childminder early educator
Qualified early years educator with 12 years experience in the profession
Well equipped home setting with a large, child-centred garden
Hello mums and dads, my home setting is called Kirsty’s Childcare (KCC, for short). I share my home with my two children and my partner.
I believe children need the best possible start in life to help them grow and develop. My experience over the years working with children has given me the confidence, skills and knowledge to make a positive impact on the lives of children. My professional experience comes from working in nurseries and also being a private nanny to a range of different families with children of varying ages, including twin babies. A large part of my experience has been with children aged two and under.
The most enjoyable thing about spending so much time with little ones is seeing their personalities shine through. They are little stars and they shine so brightly. There’s so much we can learn from them! My home setting is a loving, caring and stimulating place for children to be themselves and blossom at their own pace.
8am - 6pm
3 children to 1 adult
Joined us in 2021
From £5 per hour
My home setting in Lowedges (S8 7NE) is close to a local park that has various walking trails, including one that leads through a farmer’s field, and if we’re lucky, we might spot some horses in the distance field. We can also make full use of the local amenities such as the library. For special outings, we can travel to a local farm to see the animals and a local museum in Western Park
I am close to 3 primary schools (Lowedges Junior Academy is the nearest) and one secondary school. I live in an area with a good bus network.
About my home setting
Children cannot be bored in my home as I have a vast array of play equipment and toys to stimulate all ages. My play resources ranges from dressing up, construction, toy cars and a home corner. I have created relaxing, sensory areas indoors and outdoors where they can just chill.
I have planned the space in my house to be free flowing so children’s learning continues from indoors to outside. My garden is popular place for children to enjoy fun filled learning including a playhouse outdoor games, slide/swing, water play and a sensory path for touchy feely experiences.
A word from @Home Childcare
“Kirsty has a vast range of experience caring for children. This experience has enabled her to understand how children learn and the support she can provide to meet their individual needs.
Kirsty has developed her setting to provide children with a range of experiences and opportunities to have fun, play and learn. Children will thrive with her!”
Available for: day care & out-of-school care
Examples of activities: home baking, crafty arts, sensory play with different textures e.g. slime, cornflour, outdoor play in local parks & farms
Food offer: all meals on offer including home-cooked lunch & light tea. Food options are discussed with parents to I cater to their child’s needs. Allergies are catered for.
Driver: No, I prefer to walk
Language spoken: English. Happy to care for children with different home languages
School runs to/from: Lowedges Junior Academy
Kirsty's unique features
- Nurturing home-from-home care from a real professional
- 12 years of professional childcare experience from working as a private nanny and also in nurseries
- Passionate about working closely with parents to enable them to support their children’s learning at home
- Level 3 Early Educator qualifed
- Convenient location near to parks and local amenities with good transport links
Kirsty's Coronavirus Safety Precautions
I have carried out a full Covid-19 risk assessment to make sure my home is a safe environment but that it is still welcoming for children. The measures that I have identified to put in place are:
- Regular hand washing
- Regular cleaning of all toys and equipment between sessions
- Doorstop drop off and pick ups
- Use of hand sanitisers on any trips or outings
Kirsty's Inspection Reports
Kirsty is due to be registered in June 2021. Her first inspection will take place one year after her registration.
@Home Childcare’s Quality Pledge
Our registered educators provide the very best care and education to children because they are trained to the highest standards and regularly supported to ensure quality continually improves.
Our quality pledge is our quality guarantee to parents. You can be assured that all of our educators have the following:
- Ofsted approved childcare
- DBS checked
- References & Ofsted checked
- Household members, if any, are fully vetted
- Health approved by a GP
- Fully insured
- Paediatric First Aid certified
- Safeguarding children certified
- Complies with the mandatory childcare standards
- Regular outdoor learning for children
- Safe & clean house regularly risk assessed
- Appropriate and safe toys/equipment
- Sufficient space for numbers of children allowed
- Inspected every year to check quality
- Regular monitored and supported by specialist inspectors
- Regularly updates specialist knowledge & skills with on-going training
- Accepts childcare vouchers, tax-free childcare, student finance etc
- Transparent invoicing & easy payment methods