Emma Redfern: Little Willows
Soon to be registered
10+ years experience of working in the early years
Lovely rural home setting in an accessible location, just off the A1
My name is Emma Redfern. I am a married mum of two lovely children age 2 and 12 years. We have a very friendly natured family spaniel cross breed dog called Jack, who has been brought up around children from a young age.
I hold a Level 3 Diploma qualification in Childcare and Education and have over 10 years early years experience from working in a private day nursery. I provide fun-filled early learning, in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, which supports and encourages each child’s stage of development and their individual needs.
As a lover of all things creative such as sewing, growing flowers and cake decoration, your children will have ample opportunities to get try out new experiences to ignite their imaginations.
7am - 6pm
3 children to 1 adult
Joined us in 2020
From £44 per day
Little Willows Childcare is located in the small village of Elkesley (DN22 8AY) near Retford just off the A1. We are surrounded by fields, woodland and shallow rivers, which are all great places for children to explore and offer great learning opportunities.
We are a short 5-minute walk away from local beauty spot ‘Crookford’ and Clumber park. We can also drive 10 – 15 minutes to Thoresby Park, Rufford and Sherwood forest, so we are in a great location for fun outings for children to explore all that nature has to offer.
About my home setting
Little Willows Childcare is a friendly, warm, home-from-home setting aimed at making your child feels secure, cherished and happy. I have a wide range selection of toys, equipment and resources to help stimulate little minds.
My house has a lovely big, fully enclosed safe back garden that children will love exploring in. There is even a horse in the field at the back of the garden is around for children to say hello to.
I enjoy spending time outdoors and will be promoting outdoor activities that provide opportunities for fun learning and exploration.
I provide a healthy breakfast, home-cooked lunch and a light tea, as well as snacks throughout the day.
A word from @Home Childcare
“Emma is a level 3 qualified educator who has a wealth of experience working with children. Her setting offers a warm and inviting home-from-home experience for children to explore at their own pace. The rural location of the setting offers children extensive outdoor exploration and if they are lucky, the may even have a visit from the neighbouring horse who likes to pop his head over the fence to say hello.”
Food offer: home-cooked meals, allergies catered for
Examples of activities: sensory play, using natural materials to spark children’s imagination, using real food to explore the home corner, cooking/baking & dancing/singing
Language spoken: English. Happy to care for children with different home languages
School runs to/from: Elkesley Primary School, near Retford
Emma's unique features
- 10+ years of professional childcare experience from working in a nursery
- Well-equipped child-centred setting with a good range of play resources
- Lots of scope for children to be creative and to use their imagination to problem solve and learn new skills
- Lovely, large garden for little ones to enjoy
- Has a level 3 early years qualification
- Fantastic rural location with many parks and woodlands nearby
- Accessible: less than 5 minutes off the A1.
Emma's Coronvirus Safety Precautions
As we are living in unprecedented times with the Covid-19 pandemic. I will ensure children wash their hands on a regular basis, all equipment will be cleaned, and sterilised daily and hand sanitisers will be taken when visiting shops, attractions, parks and playgroups.
Emma's inspection reports
Emma was registered in January 2021. Her first inspection will take place one year after her registration.
@Home Childcare’s Quality Pledge
Our registered educators provide the very best care and education to children because they are trained to the highest standards and regularly supported to ensure quality continually improves.
Our quality pledge is our quality guarantee to parents. You can be assured that all of our educators have the following:
- Ofsted approved childcare
- DBS checked
- References & Ofsted checked
- Household members, if any, are fully vetted
- Health approved by a GP
- Fully insured
- Paediatric First Aid certified
- Safeguarding children certified
- Complies with the mandatory childcare standards
- Regular outdoor learning for children
- Safe & clean house regularly risk assessed
- Appropriate and safe toys/equipment
- Sufficient space for numbers of children allowed
- Inspected every year to check quality
- Regular monitored and supported by specialist inspectors
- Regularly updates specialist knowledge & skills with on-going training
- Accepts childcare vouchers, tax-free childcare, student finance etc
- Transparent invoicing & easy payment methods