Hannah Miranda: Rainbow Holme
About Rainbow Holme
Soon to be registered
Enjoys expressive arts and craft activities
Passionate about healthy living for children
Incorporates fun Mathematics into early learning
I am mum to 7 year old twin girls and a baby boy. They have given me a lot of experience in looking after younger children, along with their friends, they make my house a lively and loving home. We enjoy crafts and reading and music and, most of all, being outdoors.
I am keen for all children to grow up with an all- round healthy lifestyle, being outdoors and active is a big part of that, but also eating well, taking care of mental health and personal hygiene.
Before training as a childminder early educator, I have been a teacher in secondary school for 18 years.
I am passionate about education and I have the added bonus of being able to offer expert maths homework help for the older wraparound clientel.
I love being creative and ran a family activity group when my girls were younger. I have a well-stocked craft cupboard and can’t wait to get creating with my new childmindees.
Whilst homeschooling my 6 year old daughters and watching their relationship with their baby brother grow, I felt a calling for a new opportunity where I can use my skills in a different way.
7am - 6.30pm
3 children to 1 adult
Joined us in 2021
From £4.50 per hour
I live 5 minutes away from the fantastic Colwick Country Park. It’s my go-to place for spending time with children. We enjoy walking, visiting the ducks, building dens and playing.
I am conveniently located close to the A612 with good bus routes and a park & ride nearby.
About my home setting
My home is set up with separate areas for messy play, eating, baby toys, home corner, reading, construction and imaginative play.
In our back garden, we have a small vegetable plot and patio area backing onto a secure grass/tarmac area for outdoor play.
In the front garden, there is a toddler safe outdoor area with activities and sensory play. My home is smoke and pet free.
A word from @Home Childcare
Available for: day care & out-of-school care including holiday care
Food offer: healthy, home-cooked meals/snacks including vegan/vegetarian, halal & allergies
Play activities: Yoga/mindfulness, creative & imaginative play, reading, messy play, baking, walks to the park & woods, picnics, farm trips, singing, visiting local toddler play groups
Language spoken: English & conversational Portuguese. Happy to care for children with different home languages
School runs to/from: St John the Baptist Primary
Hannah's unique features
- Passionate about creative arts & design to help children express their identity
- Skillful at developing children’s learning through educational play and conversations
- Knowledgeable about incorporating STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) in early learning activities through her Maths teacher experience
- Worked with children with SEND (Special Educational Needs & Disability) – I enjoy helping them to find their passion and overcome challenges
- The bountiful Colwick Country Park is on my doorstep to enjoy and to take inspiration from
Hannah's Coronavirus Safety Precautions
I have carried out a full Covid-19 risk assessment to make sure my home is a safe environment but that it is still welcoming for children. The measures that I have identified to put in place are:
- Regular hand washing
- Regular cleaning of all toys and equipment between sessions
- Doorstop drop off and pick ups
- Use of hand sanitisers on any trips or outings
Hannah's Inspection Reports
Hannah is due to be registered in July 2021. Her first inspection will take place one year after her registration.
@Home Childcare’s Quality Pledge
Our registered educators provide the very best care and education to children because they are trained to the highest standards and regularly supported to ensure quality continually improves.
Our quality pledge is our quality guarantee to parents. You can be assured that all of our educators have the following:
- Ofsted approved childcare
- DBS checked
- References & Ofsted checked
- Household members, if any, are fully vetted
- Health approved by a GP
- Fully insured
- Paediatric First Aid certified
- Safeguarding children certified
- Complies with the mandatory childcare standards
- Regular outdoor learning for children
- Safe & clean house regularly risk assessed
- Appropriate and safe toys/equipment
- Sufficient space for numbers of children allowed
- Inspected every year to check quality
- Regular monitored and supported by specialist inspectors
- Regularly updates specialist knowledge & skills with on-going training
- Accepts childcare vouchers, tax-free childcare, student finance etc
- Transparent invoicing & easy payment methods